Melchambauer Maria Alm Hochkönigreich Farm

The Melcham farm ('Melchambauer' in German) has belonged to our family for four generations and is located in the centre of Maria Alm. The main farmhouse is one of the oldest in the village, and was documented for the first time in 1679. Originally, it was used as the 'Baderhaus' (a medical practice), owned for three generations by the Straubinger family, which started practising in 1795.

Ever since 1928, guests have come here for a summer retreat. From the early 1970s onwards, we also started welcoming guests during the winter holidays.

The farm focuses on dairy and sheep farming, as well as horse breeding. Alpine farming and hunting are additional sources of income.

Today, Christian Rainer and his family own and run the farm.